Friday, March 6, 2009

Creating a Place to Create

Isn't it interesting that at times in this journey we call life, God actually allows us to look back at certain times and realize that there was a purpose for things that at the time seemed without purpose.

I am seeing a birthing in our small rural community that I believe is the work of our very creative heavenly Father and man, it's fun to watch people's lives bloom.

There are very distinct stirrings. A coffee shop here...an art gallery there....a renovated theater.....artists experimenting....it's so amazing...I can't think of another word.

Remember a few months ago I shared my desire to start a comedy team? I believe it will happen very soon. Within the next few months. I am very excited to be working with some incredibly gifted, skilled, and talented individuals.

I look back to when I wanted to do this about three years ago and how nothing came of it except mild frustration. I wondered why God would give me such a vision and then let it die.

Something perhaps about timing....death...resurrection....community. Anyway, if you would be so inclined, I would appreciate your prayers, as I continue to meet with these others and plan and begin the work....

Below is a great video that Sherri Garver showed me and I thought it was great. Sit back, relax, enjoy....God's doing a work!




2 comments:

vic said...

I just heard about the comedy thing yesterday - that's awesome!

I agree with your thoughts...it seems as though something is birthing. And just as we don't know how are kids will turn out but are responsible to foster their potential, I see that in the town. I love to see a variety of things happening...

'Love the video. I think I'll go paint something:)

PRS & ALS said...

I can't believe God's timing in bringing people together to explore and grow their creativity. I know for me the timing is perfect. Thanks, carla for being part of me life and encouraging my creativity and helping to free me to become who God created me to be.

Amy